Friday, September 7, 2012

Template: 
When deciding what template I wanted to choose for my blog, I had a difficult time because each template was appealing to me. Also, it was my first time ever making a blog, so I did not know what an appropriate template for this class should look like. In most situations, I am an easy, traditional person. I like to keep my work simple and to the point. I find that a blog with pictured background distracts from the writing. Therefore, I was able to find a template that was simple, organized, and it happened to be my favorite color. With that said, I decided to have a simple layout that allowed my posts to be the main focus of the page.

Title:
When it was time to make a title for my blog, I had difficulty because typically I am not very creative. After I put some thought into it, I concluded that it should be "Sam's Piece of Mind". The blogs that are going to be posted all come from my point of view, and the reader will get a taste of my personality.

Color:
Finding a color for my blog was the easiest part. I am in love with the light color blue. I find that it brings a soothing mood and also makes it easier to write. I did not want my page to be boring black and white, and I wanted some incentive while writing. Having my blog background be my favorite color will give me ease while completing the assignments.

Font:
I have always been trained to type in either Arial or Times New Roman font when completing an assignment. Because I was given the choice to choose my own font, I found that Trebuchet was simple, yet different and of course easy to read. I like typing in a bigger font not because it takes up space and looks long, but because I felt like being generous to those who have bad eyes.

Pages: 
I decided to make all the pages easily accessible to the reader by having it all laid out on one page. I continued to go along with my simple theme. I thought that the blog's were the main focus, and so I made that be the center.

Sharing/Findings:
Everything that the reader needs to see will be accessible on the one page of my blog with exception to the links I post that go along with addition information. This was done to avoid chaos and confusion.

Links: 
I have not found any links to add yet. However I plan on adding them as I continue to blog. I will post links that are relevant to what I am discussing on my blog. I will also post the links that go along with any of the research I have done.


After looking at my blog I feel like it represents who I am. I am not very creative when it comes to formatting and designing. I enjoy when websites are easy to navigate through, and there is no excess information that misleads you from the purpose of the page. The experience of creating a blog was fairly easy. Some of the minor details were difficult to navigate at first, however I was able to find it in the end. Through blogging, I expect to be able to write freely and say what is on my mind while being appropriate and keeping the audience in mind. I also hope to be able to read what other people have to say about certain topics and get a different perspective on the arts at Penn State.

No comments:

Post a Comment